Wednesday, June 22, 2011

taxodermy

Sorry if this writing seems sporadic, pointless, unnecessary, illogical, stupid or brilliant. Especially if you find it brilliant, because there must be something wrong with you. This is an insight into the workings of a delirious mind.

~~~

I was heading to my camp. I don't know if I'm still supposed to call it that. It was my camp when I was growing up as a child, but recently my dad moved in there and now it is his house. Should I be calling it my dad's house? Am I entitled now to call it my house?

Anyway, my sister was driving, and I was in the passenger seat. We were about two-thirds of the way there, when I saw the first of three unrelated (and yet oh-so-related) curiosities. There, on the side of the road was a deer. It was dead, crumpled into a shapeless ball on the side of the road. Yet, it seemed only to be taking a nap. We drove past it with out saying anything.

Around the next bend, there was a building. It was off the road a bit, with a few trees in front of it. On the side of the road in front of the building there was a sign. Tom's Taxodermy. The building was falling apart, to the point where it itself looked dead. I wondered what could be used to stuff it to make it look alive with marble eyes.

One more bend later and there was a billboard. Bud Light. Sure sign of a good time. I laughed, but it was sad laugh.

8 comments:

  1. That... was a hard to follow writing.
    You should just have a drink.
    Forget about shit.
    Followed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one support these liquor/beer ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the sign didn't say Tom's Rhinoplasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the end of the penultimate paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I was supposed to find that funny, but I did.

    ReplyDelete